5 Best LaptopsUpdated Dec 2023
The Legion Gaming marks a fresh start for Lenovo in this market. They have redesigned and powered up their product and mostly come up trumps. It feels solid and looks good, meeting most performance benchmarks with well–built keyboard, an array of ports and travel friendly portability.
Attractively sleek design with strong gaming and Intel Core i7 CPU productivity performance. Highly functional – a great choice for gamers on a budget.
The 15.6 inch,1080P screen display lacks some sharpness and the touchpad is design over function.
Stylish 2-in-1 laptop that converts to full gaming mode with max performing graphics.
You get real bang for your buck with AMD powered configuration plus Ryzen 5 2500U processor. The HP Envy 15 is a polished product with cutting edge keyboard that’s so quiet it’s almost relaxing!
Excellent battery life, crisp graphics and high storage capacity. Conveniently 2-in-1 with gorgeous screen. Absolutely great value.
Weak convertible hinge is a design flaw that needs to be corrected
The motto of this top performing laptop is: if the design works, don’t change it. So here we have proven product that only tweaked its latest model because it was already great. Solid, comfortable to use with super- fast storage, plus upgraded 1.8-GHz Core 15CPU and MagSafe 2 power ports.
Long lasting battery life, topnotch storage and feel good keyboard & trackpad. An Iconic product that is great value and delivers in style.
Last generation display and heavier than comparable models, with slightly underwhelming speakers.
The Dell Inspiron is a solid mid-range 2-in-1 notebook convertible with a user friendly keyboard and strong audio components. It delivers performance with 2.5-GHz Intel Core i5-7200U CPU plus sharp HD graphics. Lightweight, yet packed with power and fully spec’d.
High benchmarks for 360 degree hinged convertible use. Solid, stylish with great audio and snazzy backlit enabled chuckle keyboard.
Short battery life and heat dispersion is not great.
Acer have upgraded their old brand and reentered the high end market with an impressive ultra- thin 2-in-1 model. It boasts a 14-inch full HD IPS touchscreen and highly functional performance with 2 x USB 3.1 ports and 720pHDR webcam. Multitasks smoothly with no lagging.
Compact, light, yet sturdy with high performance Intel Core i7-7Y75 processor. Overall superior 2-in-1 experience.
Modest battery life and lacks key board back lighting.
How We Decided
Laptops – Our Experts Advise
- When searching the market for a new laptop you’ll need to pick out the model that best serves your needs with strong, yet versatile performance and that stays within your budget. We done the work and come up with some smart pointers:
- The excellent HP Envy 15 Touchscreen Laptop
- is a great addition to our 2-in-1 top performers list, earning its place with a winning combination of fast processor, ample storage, versatility and affordability, making it one of the best Ultrabooks for those on a budget.
- If you are an Apple lover
- the MacBook Air is a safe pair of hands. It doesn’t offer up major innovations from its previous models, but is well priced and has excellent performance for everyday usage. The battery life runs for over 10 hours, its 13-inch screen has 1440×900 pixel display plus the unit has high spec storage.
- The Lenovo Legion Y520 is our powerhouse pick
- of the bunch for midrange performance and value for money. This unit is packed with a 2.8-GHz Intel i7 CPU Core and punches high above many other competitors. It has the sharp graphics for gaming plus excellent overall performance as a mainstream notebook. This isn’t a king of laptops but a well-served prince, for sure.
- Pick A Size. The size of your chosen laptop is dependent on what you want it for. A laptop with a large 17-inch screen whilst great for both work and gaming, will also be bigger and heavier to carry around. We suggest a compromise of smaller screen, but high resolution such as the Acer Spin 7 2-in-1.
- Display & Screen Resolution. Accept nothing less than full HD display with more screen and less bezel. Look for wide –angle view with high resolution pixels for sharper image quality. The Apple Air book comes up a winner in this category.
- Performance. Multitasking, speed, agility are the performance benchmarks. The best processors are clearly listed in the featured specs of every brand, reflecting latest generation CPU and core i5 or core i7 turbo boosters. Opt for at least 4GB of memory, but ideally 8GB for ease of browsing.
- Software. Windows 10 and Mac X operating systems are flagships with a wide array of features and highly adaptable for 2-in-I models.
- Battery life. 8+ hours of battery life is ideal if you plan to take your laptop anywhere at all. So don’t skimp on the deal, we found that the HP Envy 15 Touchscreen Laptop offered premium battery life.
- Keyboard & touchpad. Pick out comfort and functionality that is also highly responsive and intuitive to use. We loved the Dell Inspiron design for ease and accessibility.