5 Best Gaming HeadsetsUpdated May 2022
This Turtle Beach headset 50p is an impressive performer. It provides excellent R1 000 sound quality, top comfort and packing immersive gaming and movie action. The Turtle Beach headset for Xbox One and PS4 (and other gaming consoles – including PC) is an attractive buy when looking for a good all-rounder gaming headset that has great features and multiplatform compatibility.
The Turtle Beach Recon 50P headset sounds great, crisp clear sound with no distortion. Well designed and extremely affordable.
It has a two wire approach on the ear cups, not to everyone’s taste. It does lack the depth of bass that you’d get from a premium set.
This is a super lightweight headset with 90-degree rotating cups and comfortable memory foam ear pads. The Cloud stinger is designed for intuitive use with top notch audio quality and swivel to mute noise cancelling microphone. Kingston HyperX Cloud II Stinger is well calibrated for gaming – a strong performer, and at its price tag, providing great value for money.
Nicely designed gaming headset that doesn’t feel or look like a budget product. It is comfortably lightweight and the audio packs a punch.
The set is stereo only, if you are looking for virtual surround sound then this isn’t the set for you.
If you are a serious Sony gamer, this could be your definitive PS4 headset. The virtual surround sound on these Sony headphones while playing on the Playstation 4 and Playstation 3 is breathtaking. These Sony wireless 2.0 PS4 headphones are super light, comfortable, highly functional and sturdy. The Sony wireless headphones offer a great additional feature in the hidden noise cancelling microphone and have a fast and simple set up.
The battery life on these wireless headphones is excellent. The surround sound is truly superior on this Sony headset for PS4, with 40mm drivers that deliver customizable sound options, with wonderfully rounded depth and audio clarity.
The wireless headset range was limited and often cut out when moving from room to room. These Sony earphones aren’t Bluetooth adapted.
The Razer Kraken Pro V2 gaming headset is slick and sleek delivering both in-game and on the road top quality no frills performance. This Razer headset for PS4 has a quality sound profile that provides perfect sound with deep resonance and balanced audio. Razer headset price is good for a premium entry level unit.
These Razer gaming headphone boast great design, built for comfort, suitable for those long gaming sessions. This Kraken review can say definitively that the sound quality on these headphone is equally good with both game consoles and PC. These great Razer headphones also feature a retractable mic, inline volume and mute control.
The ear cups can be a little hot and sweaty after prolonged use. The microphone offers a slightly low max volume.
The Logitech gaming headset delivers an attractive, comfortable basic headset, super lightweight with special swiveling ear cups and highly adjustable headband, making it perfect to wear for hours on end. This is smart product design at a reasonable price, no need for third-party software. Simply plug the Logitech headset USB jack directly into your PC.
Leaders in comfort, whilst providing an immersive audio experience with a crystal clear stellar mic. The Logitech G430 headset includes 7.1 Dolby surround sound.
To access the surround sound you do need to download the free software for Logitech G430 gaming headset. The headphones lack peripheral software and features.
How We Decided
Gaming Headsets – Our Expert Advice
- Gaming headphones are portable, comfortable and versatile, making them an excellent option to bring to work or when you are out and about. Here are a few expert tips to keep you in the game and music.
- With premium build quality, superb sound and maximum comfort
- for your ears, the Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50P are one of the best pairs of gaming headphones for Xbox and PS4 on the market right now, also easily integrated into any other device. They feature excellent R1000 sound quality and a lightweight comfortable aluminum frame with an Omni-Directional removable microphone. Superb value for money.
- The Kingston HyperX Cloud II Stinger is the ideal gaming headset
- when looking for lightweight comfort and superior sound quality for a bargain price. At just 275 grams, it’s comfortable on your neck and its ear cups rotate in a 90-degree angle for a better fit. Its 50mm directional drivers position sound directly into the ear for audio precision and gaming-grade sound quality. We loved the swivel to mute noise cancellation microphone and it seamlessly integrates into any platform.
- The best gaming headsets offer a blend of comfort, style, portability, and relatively high-quality sound.
- Here we can only bow to the Logitech G430 7.1 that serves as a one size fits all for the well-rounded music and gaming lover. This Logitech gaming headset delivers 7.1 Dolby surround sound audio with a high end adjustable noise cancelling mic wrapped up in a super lightweight construction with comfy, washable ear pad covers. These do cost a little more but are worth the outlay.
Gaming Headset Features
- Comfort & Ear Pad Design. The feel of headphone on your ear, the padding and weight is important to create a positive listening or gaming experience that doesn’t lead to headaches or ear pressure. We found the Logitech gaming headset G430 7.1 with Dolby Technology Surround Sound to be the best headphones in this category.
- Audio Quality. Accept nothing less than the best headsets complete with high end sound quality that has resonance with crisp balance and bass lines that are clear and rich. Gaming headphone sound quality should always rival earbuds and the Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50P does the job for less cash outlay.
- Portable & Strong. Durability and portability is vital. There is no reason that your headphones should be considered disposable. The Kingston HyperX Cloud II Stinger performs strongly and proved robust for extensive travel wear and tear.
- Sound Exclusion. Sound exclusion technology hushes ambient noise by creating anti-noise that obviates the noise at your ear – and this can be done both with wired and wireless headphones. The Sony 2.0 PlayStation wireless headset creates a truly immersive experience with excellent noise cancelling results.